The spring months may be a time when you are thinking about HVAC work that needs to be done before summer. It can also be a great time to start planning upgrades and improvements for the HVAC systems. The following HVAC projects are some of the things that you want to start planning now:
Doing an Early Spring AC Tune-Up
The start of spring is when you want to begin maintenance for your air conditioning. There are a lot of things that you need to get done before the summer weather gets here. During the spring AC maintenance, it may be time to give your system a tune-up. Some of the things that will be done to your AC during a spring tune-up include:
- Cleaning the condensing unit
- Checking the refrigerant levels
- Inspecting electrical components
- Calibrating the thermostat
- Checking the air filter
- Repairing problems with ducts or blower
The spring AC tune-up will help prevent problems and improve the efficiency of your air conditioning for summer.
Repairing the HVAC System
The HVAC system may also need some repairs this spring. The issues that need to be repaired may be with the heating system or AC. The spring HVAC repairs that may need to be done during the spring months include:
- Repairing the furnace before turning it off
- Replacing blown AC capacitors and electrical repairs
- Repairing refrigerant leaks and charging the AC
Repairs may need to be done to both the AC and your furnace. You want to make sure these repairs are done before you start using your cooling.
Upgrading the HVAC Thermostats
The thermostats of your HVAC system are other areas where you may want to consider upgrades before summer. Some homes have one central thermostat, but other systems may have more complicated HVAC controls. The following thermostat upgrades are some of the improvements you may want to do for your HVAC controls:
- Installing a new digital thermostat
- Upgrading to zoned HVAC designs with individual room controls
- Installing a smart thermostat control system for efficient HVAC controls
The thermostat control improvements can be a great way to make your HVAC system more efficient.
Replacing AC Systems and Furnaces
The spring months may also be a time when you want to consider replacements for your HVAC system. Some of the options for HVAC replacements to consider include:
- Replacing the furnace with a more efficient model
- AC replacements for more efficient summer cooling
- AC heat pump installations for more efficient heating and cooling
The HVAC replacements can be furnaces and air conditioners, or they can be combinations like heat pumps. A heat pump AC will be more beneficial if it is used for both heating and cooling.
Spring HVAC projects can be a great way to improve your home's efficiency in time for summer. Contact an HVAC contractor for help with these improvements before the heat arrives.Share